I’ve decided to create my own book cover for The Maddening, which is set inside an asylum. Now, there are a few obstacles with finding my perfect creepy venue to get a good cover image, and they are as follows:
- I’m scared of the dark 😱 well, I’m pretty much scared of my own shadow when I’m home alone so creepy venue will require a chaperone.
- I freak out over non freaky out things.
- I have watched waaaaay too many horror films to know this may not end well.
- I will spend a good 20 to 30 minutes panicking at creepy venue before I even step foot in the place.
- I will absolutely convince myself that I am being watched or followed.
- I will scream A LOT!
- I need to actually find a creepy venue.
My poor husband is going to be roped in for this one, purely because I’m a scaredy cat, and because if I’m going to be kidnapped by some evil monster I’d feel better having my favourite person by my side. I’m sure my hubs will totally disagree with me 😂😂
Why do I write this scary stuff?
If I ever find out I’ll let you know 🤪